TV: Interview with James Colquhoun from Food Matters | Part 3

Posted February 17, 2012

If you’ve watched parts one and two of my interview with James Colquhoun, the creator/director/producer of Food Matters, you will understand why I was so excited to be able to spend an afternoon hanging out with him. He is one interesting, eloquent guy! Part three of my interview is just as good.

In this portion of my interview James talks about …

# How to deal with marketing and outside pressure when it comes to aiming for a clean diet

# His thoughts on the diet industry (and how he likens it to an interesting shark analogy)

# How he stays healthy while travelling

Check it out:

Check out parts one, two, and four of this interview.

What did you think about what James had to say in this part?

Positive affirmation for the day: My future is amazing.

MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR PLATE: HOW TO END YOUR TORTURED RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD.

HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR COPY OF MY NEW E-BOOK YET? CLICK HERE TO READ WHY THIS BOOK WILL PUT AND END TO THE VICIOUS CYCLE OF DEPRIVATION, BINGING, AND GUILT FOREVER.

Rachel says:

Fantastic interview, thank you for your effort in motivating us with healthy inspiration and giving us the knowledge :)

Becky Wallis says:

One of James’ travel tips is to take a green juice on the plane with him, i do something similar as i travel for work. I take a green smoothie on board, but if i am flying overseas i freeze a litre of green smoothie and put in in my under plane luggage and when i get to my destination if i am unable to find fresh food i have a meal that has just defrosted and ready to consume. Also when flying i take dehydrated vegetables and a container and ask for some hot and cold water to make a inflight soup….mmm

Kali says:

I would love the recipe for those pancakes, they sound awesome! one of James tips was to try take a green drink with you. One of my tips is avoid the buffet breakfast, as you will only be tempted to overeat and the food is usually rubbish anyway, also you an save a few bucks on your hotel costs by opting out. Instead do what James said and google a suitable place!

Linda Celestino says:

Jess, am loving your blog, your spirit, your determination, your inspiration! Thank you for the awesome interviews with James! wow!Very thought provoking – can’t wait for the movie to come out! I also travel a lot, and discovered the power of taking my own food on board years ago – ( I work for an airline so I KNOW the rubbish we serve :-) ). I have passed on your blog to so many friends, not wanting to be preachy, but have to spread the message, your message – you are the most beautiful Wellness Warrior! Love and light, Linda xo

James said to stay hydrated and take a green drink with you, barley grass or spirilina.
My travel tip is to eat where the locals eat and stay away from all tourist eateries as they are usually full of carbs and awful western style food- I travel in Asia alot. I eat where the locals eat, on the street , you can see the food being prepared and it is fresh. I also eat lots of fruit as it has its own packaging provided by nature. If I do pick up a tummy bug I drink Coke, the only use I have found for this toxic poison as it kills everything in your tummy, good and bad bacteria.

joni njos says:

loved part 3. I’d love to be able to take a green drink , however they always make me toss ANY liquid. How do you get around that ?

Jackie says:

Hi Jess,
Love your site and I have been a follower for quite a while.
This was a great interview … keep them coming!
One thing I’d like to ask … I’ve heard about the “dirty dozen” and the “clean fifteen” and I wonder how close this applies to australian foods? Can anyone answer this?
Jess you are looking so healthy with a real sparkle in your eyes …. you are an inspiration…..