Gerson mashed potatoes

Posted July 29, 2010

What you’ll need:
potatoes (roughly 8 small – adjust amount to suit the number of people)
non-fat organic natural yoghurt
1 small onion (chopped)
purified water

What to do: Peel and cube potatoes. Place in a pan with onion and enough water to bring to a boil. Simmer until done – there should be no water left in the pan. Mash the potatoes with enough yoghurt to make a smooth consistency.

Anonymous says:

can't we add any spices? nutmeg? pepper?

Jess says:

You can unless you're on the Gerson Therapy. Gerson people are not allowed to use many spices at all. If you're not on the Therapy, then go for it!

Jess x

Anonymous says:

Blood group A have an intolerance to potatoes, but I guess I could do this with swede instead

Thanks for sharing

Elisabeth says:

Great recipe! I will try it with a plain soy yogurt. How does Gerson feel about turmeric and salt?

Jess says:

Hi Elisabeth,

Gerson don't recommend their patients use turmeric or salt while on the Therapy. We are not allowed soy either, only a little regular organic yoghurt.

Thanks!

Jess

Anonymous says:

Y r potatoes being peeled when the skin r full of K .

Jess says:

I didn't peel them for this recipe, but a few people don't like skins in their mash. It's a person preference. But you're right, they are better with skins on!

Jess x

Amorette says:

hmmm ive heard wonderful things about celtic sea salt .I just bought some! processed salts have almost all of their 84 natural minerals taken out . VERY SPECIFIC brands of sea salts are actually good for you and contain 82 of their original minerals. Most sea salts are just as bad as plain Salt. I recommend the Celtic sea salt brand .They have a great website .BUT its never ever recomended to have salt when you have cancer, keep that in mind